Ingredients – Preparation time approximately 40 minutes – serves 4
- 400 g veal
- 200 g calves kidneys
- Clarified butter for frying
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a little pepper
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Italian flat parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 ml meat stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Cut veal and calves kidneys into thin strips
- Heat clarified butter in flying pan
- Toss meat and kidneys in a little flour, fry in batches for approximately 2 minutes, then remove
- Season with salt & pepper, keep warm. Reduce hear, wipe pan
- To make sauce melt butter in the same frying pan
- Sweat slowly button mushrooms and onion
- Add 100 ml of white wine and reduce by half
- Blend well – 200 ml double cream, meat stock and corn flour, then add to the pan, bring to boil, stirring, cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Return meat and kidneys to pan, warm through.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with finely chopped Italian flat parsley
- To serve – put meat and sauce onto plates, garnish with parsley.
- omit kidneys, in which case increase quantity of veal to 600 g.
- serve with Rosti – see separate recipe.
Per person: 27 g fat, 33 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 406 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi