Preparation time approximately 25 minutes. Chilling time at least 2 hours. Makes approximately 30 truffles
- 100 ml double cream
- 250 g Swiss plain dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of brandy
- 40 g cocoa powder
- Pour double cream into a thin-walled bowl. Set bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Important bowl does not touch the wattle. Warm cream through
- Add dark chocolate to bowl, whisk until the chocolate is melted. Now sit the bowl in cold water
- Stir in brandy, whisk with a hand mixer, until the chocolate cream is cool and thickened.
- Spread the mixture out approximately 1.5 kms thick, on a sheet of baking parchment. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Sift cocoa powder into a dip plate. Using a knife minced in hot water, cut the chocolate into regular cubes and turn in cocoa powder to coat evenly
Keeping time: store in air tight tin, in layers separated by baking parchment for up to 1 week
Per truffle: 4 g fat, 1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 63 calories.- recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi