Preparation time approximately 70 minutes – Baking time approximately 50 minutes
Springform cake in approximately 24 cms round, based lines with baking parchment, sides greased
- 180 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 150 g ground almonds
- 80 g chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 g raspberry jam, for spreading over base
- a little icing sugar to dust if required
- Beat butter in bowl until soft
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in one egg at a time, continue beating until the mixture becomes lighter in colour.
- Sift together flour, ground almonds, chocolate powder, baking powder & cinnamon then fold into the creamed mixture and quickly gather together into a firm dough. Press flat, cover and chill for approximately 15 minutes.
- Shape 2/3 of the pastry in the prepared tin for the base, smooth flat.
- Mix 2 tablespoons plain flour with the remaining pastry. Shape 2/3 of this into a roll and lay it around the edge of the base.
- Press the rim down slightly with a fork. Spread jam over base.
- On a floured board, roll the remaining pastry out approximately 4 mm thick, cut into shapes to decorate the top.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes in the middle of oven preheated to 180 C. Remove cool slightly and release sides. Slide tart onto a wire rack, leave to cool. Sprinkle a little icing sugar to dust top, if desired
- Brush pastry with beaten egg before baking. Omit icing sugar
- Tastes best on the following day. Styore foil-wrapped in refrigerator. Dust with icing sugar just before serving
Per slice: (1/8) 32 g fat, 10 g protein, 68 carbohydrate, 607 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi