Preparation time approximately 25 minutes – Baking time 25 minutes
One 12 cup boat mould or 12 individual moulds (each approximately 4.5 x 10 cms), greased
- 100 ml dry white wine, preferably Chasselas
- 100 ml meat stock
- 1 carrot, diced
- 100 g leeks, tiny sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry, rolled out to approximately 25 x 42 cms
- Bring to boil white wine and meat stock
- Add carrot, leeks and seasoning, simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Our off liquid, transfer vegetables to a bowl
- Add double cream, egg, chives to the vegetables in the bowl and mix.
- Place boat mould on a baking sheet.
- Stamp out 12 boat shapes from the pastry, using an oval pastry cutter, press shapes into the moulds and prick all over with a fork. Chill for approximately 15 minutes
- Divide the filling between the moulds
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes towards the bottom of a preheated oven to 200 C.
- Remove from the oven, cool for a few minutes, remove boats from the mould and serve warm
Per boat: 9 g fat, 2 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 129 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi