Sautéed wild mushrooms
Serves for 4
- Around 600 g wild mushroom
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked from the stalks, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 C
- Heat a large heavy frying pan with the olive oil until it is smoking, then add the mushroom in a single layer and just leave them for a couple of minutes to let the heat get back into the pan.
- Toss them a little, then fry them for a further minutes until they are well coloured.
- Next add the butter and let this cook until it is golden brown and has a healthy smell of nuts.
- Sprinkle over the garlic and parsley and as soon as you are hit by their aroma, season the mushrooms and serve and eat them immediately, as a starter or accompaniment.
Recipe by Alex Mackay and photo by Peter Knab