- 2 lites chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 300 g firm button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 50 g dried porcini rehydated in got water and chopped
- 350 g Acquerello carnali rice or arborio rice
- 60 g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 80 g unsalted butter
- sat and pepper
- Put the stock in a pan, bring to the boil and keep at low simmer
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low heat, add the onion and fry until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the button mushrooms and the porcini and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the rice and stir for a minute or two, then add one or two labels of boiling stock. Stir continuously over the heat, adding stock a ladleful at a time as each addition is absorbed.
- After 18-20 minutes, check for the required al dente texture – the rice should be tender, but with a firm bite in the centre, and the risotto should be moist.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the Parmesan and butter and stir in well. Season to taste and serve on warm plates.
Recipe by Antonio Carluccio and photo by Alistair Hendy