Serves 4 – This dish is typically made with veal, but the dish is also possible with chicken or pork. For this recipe, you need a large pork cutlet with the bone, the flash heathen quite thinly.
- 4 large pork cutlets, bone in
- 2 eggs, beaten with some salt and pepper
- Approximately 6 tablespoons dried white breadcrumbs
- Plenty of olive oil and vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 500 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon quartered
- Place the cutlets on a piece of clingfilm or greaseproof paper, and cover with another piece. Beat the fleshy parts, with a mallet or something heavy. You want the meat to spread and become a little thinner. Remove the film or greaseproof paper.
- Dip the cutlets in the beaten eggs, then coats with breadcrumbs
- Pour enough mixed oil into a large shallow pan to covert base. heat it until it starts to bubble, then fy the cutlets on a medium-high heat for at least 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm
- Blanch the sprouting broccoli in a pan of boiling water for few minutes before gently frying in a pan with the sliced garlic, chopped chilli and a little olive oil until softened.
- Serve the cutlets with lemon quarters
Recipe by Antonio Carluccio and photo by Alistair Hendy