Preparation time approximately 20 minutes – Baking time approximately 30 minutes – makes 12 muffins
Quantities for a 12 muffin tin, muffin mould approx 7 cms round, greased & floured or lined with paper cases
- 300 g plain flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder or 1.5 tablespoons
- 150 g L’Etivaz (raw milk Alpine cheese) or Gruyere if L’Etivaz not available, coarsely grated
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, a little pepper
- 250 mk milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Mix together in a bowl flour, baking powder, L’Etivaz or Gruyere cheese, parsley, salt & little pepper, make a well in the centre
- Combine milk, eggs and wholegrain mustard and pour into well, and blend thoroughly to a soft consistency.
- Divide mixture between the 12 muffin moulds
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes in the middle of the oven preheated to 180 C.
- Remove tin from oven, and cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before removing muffins from tin. Serve immediately.
Per muffin: 7 g fat, 9 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 173 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi