- 140 g crab meat
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented & juices kept
- 1 teaspoon each of chopped chives & dill
- 2 teaspoons of of mayonnaise
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Good handful of mixed baby salad leaves
- A few slices of soda bread or toasted sourdough, to serve
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of Chardonnay vinegar (buy from Italian delis, or just use a regular white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the oil to the mixture, whisking until it has all been incorporated, then set aside
- Put the crab in a bowl with a little of the reserved orange juice and toss together before add the herbs, mayonnaise and some seasoning, then gently mixing.
- Toss the orange and grapefruit segments with the salad leaves and pile a little onto 2 plates.
- Add a slice or 2 of bread and the crab mix, then drizzle the leaves with some salad dressing.
Per serving: 202 kcal, protein 16 g, carbohydrates 15 g, fat 9 g, saturated fat 1 g, fibre 3 g, sugar 15 g, salt 0.96g
Wine to drink with this – a zesty Sauvignon/Semillon