An easy recipe to make a delicious Pizza dough base!
- Full sachet of dry yeast
- 4 cups of cake flour
- 3 cups of luke warm water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Best to use a KitchenAid or Kenwood mixer with a dough hook…
- Place full sachet of yeast in Mixer bowl
- Add 4 cups of cake flour into Mixer bowl
- Add 3 cups of luke warm water by heating a kettle for approximately 1-2 minutes
- Add good pics of salt
- Add 2 tablespoons of good olive oil.
- Mix all these contents with Kenwood or KitchenAid mixer with dough hook attachment at a slow speed to start with, then increase speed for 2 minutes. Then stop mixer, lift mixer & dough hook and with a spoon scrape off excess flour on the sides of the mixer bowl and on dough hook and incorporate into the dough.
- Then lower Kenwood/KitcheAid mixer with dough hook and mix the contents in the mixer bowl again for 10 minutes at high speed until the dough is SMOOTH – it should look almost like whipped eggs whites in texture!
- Disconnect mixer bowl from Kenwood or KitchenAid and place it to one side. Add a sprinkle of flour to the smooth dough. Place moist tea towel over mixing bowl and rest dough for 3 hours and allow it to rise
- Place some flour on a kitchen surface and knead dough VERY GENTLY and coat with flour allowing it to prove for 1-2 minutes. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO SQUEEZE DOUGH OR TRY TO REMOVE or PUSH THE BUBBLES OUT OF THE DOUGH.
- For the Pizza base roll out the dough gently with a rolling pin to fit onto a square oven tray with a little flour spread over the base of the oven tray. Line your pizza base with a fresh tomato sauce (see below ingredients), and add your pizza topping (see ingredients below). Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 240 C until the pizza looks cooked. Important pizza and oven tray placed on lowest rack setting in the oven with bottom and top heating elements both on. Before serving add any herbs like basil to the pizza topping.
For Tomato sauce
- 100 ml Passata (essentially sieved plum tomatoes) – Passata is an authentic Italian topping for pizza. If you cannot get hold of any, whizz up a can of plum tomatoes in a blender.
- handful fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Mix the pasta, basil and crushed garlic together, then season to taste. Leave to stand at room temperature while you shape the dough base.
For Pizza topping
- 125 g ball mozzarella, slice
- handful grated or shaved Parmesan
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- To finish handful of basil leaves
Per serving: protein 19 g, carbohydrate 59 g, fat 15 g, saturated fat 7 g, sugar 2 g, salt 1.87 g, calories 431