An easy recipe to make delicious bread and the same dough recipe can be used for a Pizza base!
- Full sachet of dry yeast
- 4 cups of cake flour
- 3 cups of luke warm water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Best to use a KitchenAid or Kenwood mixer with a dough hook…
- Place full sachet of yeast in Mixer bowl
- Add 4 cups of cake flour into Mixer bowl
- Add 3 cups of luke warm water by heating a kettle for approximately 1-2 minutes
- Add good pics of salt
- Add 2 tablespoons of good olive oil.
- Mix all these contents with Kenwood or KitchenAid mixer with dough hook attachment at a slow speed to start with, then increase speed for 2 minutes. Then stop mixer, lift mixer & dough hook and with a spoon scrape off excess flour on the sides of the mixer bowl and on dough hook and incorporate into the dough.
- Then lower Kenwood/KitcheAid mixer with dough hook and mix the contents in the mixer bowl again for 10 minutes at high speed until the dough is SMOOTH – it should look almost like whipped eggs whites in texture!
- Disconnect mixer bowl from Kenwood or KitchenAid and place it to one side. Add a sprinkle of flour to the smooth dough. Place moist tea towel over mixing bowl and rest dough for 3 hours and allow it to rise
- Place some flour on a kitchen surface and knead dough VERY GENTLY and coat with flour allowing it to prove for 1-2 minutes. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO SQUEEZE DOUGH OR TRY TO REMOVE or PUSH THE BUBBLES OUT OF THE DOUGH.
- Place the loaf shaped dough onto an oven tray with a little flour spread over the base of the oven tray. Give the loaf a small cut down the centre with a sharp knife to break the skin of the bread. Place the bread in a preheated oven of 225 C for 40 minutes..
TIP to make a Pizza base
- If want to use the dough made above for a Pizza base then roll the dough gently with a rolling pin to fit onto a square oven tray with a little flour spread over the base of the oven tray. Line your pizza base with a fresh tomato sauce and add your pizza ingredients and cheese topping. Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 225 C until the pizza looks cooked. Before serving add any herbs like basil to the pizza topping.