Preparation time approximately 20 minutes. Baking time 25 minutes. Makes approximately 20 brownies
- 250 g dark chocolate
- water – boiling
- 100 g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g butter, soft
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 75 g plain flower
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Break dark chocolate into bowl
- Pour boiling water, leave for approximately 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour away water, leaving approximately 1 tablespoon. Stir until smooth
- Using hand mixer whisk 3 egg yolks and 100 g sugar until the mixture becomes lighter in colour. Add 75 g butter with melted chocolate, whisk thoroughly.
- Whisk 3 egg whites and rich of salt until stiff peaks form
- Sift together 75 g plain flower and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- Gently fold flour and egg whites alternately into the chocolate mixture with a spatula
- Tip into a greased tin and smooth over.
- approximately 25 minutes in the middle of the oven preheated to 160 C. Remove cool on wire rack and cut into approximately 5 kms squares.
- Foil wrapped in refrigerator they will keep for approximately 2 days.
- Per brownie: 8 g fat, 2 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 137 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi