Preparation time approximately 45 minutes – serves 4
- salted water, boiling
- 400 g spaghetti
- olive oil for frying
- 400 g diced chicken meat
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tin chopped Italian tomatoes
- 100 ml water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, a little pepper
- 80 g raw ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 75 g grated Parmesan
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente, then drain
- Heat olive oil in a non stick frying pan. Fry diced chicken meat in batches for approximately 4 minutes, remove and set aside. Reduce heat, dab up fat with kitchen paper and add a little oil, if necessary
- Add button mushrooms, onion and garlic cloves to frying pan, stir and sweat slowly for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes, 100 ml water. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Then season with dried oregano, salt & pepper, simmer over low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add already cooked diced chicken, raw ham, parsley and heat through
- Serve warmed spaghetti in deep bowls, spoon sauce over the spaghetti.
- Scatter grated parmesan over spaghetti
Per person: 14 g fat, 51 g protein, 76 g carbohydrate, 633 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi