- 5-10 garlic cloves ,peeled
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 500 ml extra virgin oil, not peppery
- Cooked prawns
- Hard boiled eggs
- Cooked salt cod flakes
- Cauliflower florets
- Boiled potatoes
- Green beans, runners
- Boiled carrots
- Crush the garlic with a generous pinch of salt. Scrape it into a bowl with the egg yolks, mustard and 1 tablespoon water. Whisking constantly, add the oil very slowly st first; the, as the emulsion begins, faster and faster. If the aioli is too thick, add a little warm water.
- Serve the aioli on a large platter surrounded by all or some of the ingredients suggested, or a selection of crudities, or even just some good bread.
recipe by Alex MacKay and photo by Peter Knab