Preparation time approximately 65 minutes – serves 4
New interpretation of a Swiss classic recipe
- 50 g dried apple slices
- 50 g soft dried pears, stalk removed
- 150 ml water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 600 g waxy potatoes, sliced 2 mm thick with a mandolin
- 100 g diced bacon
- 5 fresh eggs
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon salt, a little pepper
- Cut dried apple slices and soft dried pears into 1 cm pieces, put into a bowl
- Pour over boiled water into bowl with dried apple and pears and soak for approximately 20 minutes, drain well and set aside.
- Heat clarified butter in a non-stick frying pan
- Add waxy potatoes, fry for approximately 5 minutes, turning occasionally
- Add diced bacon, fry for approximately 5 minutes
- Mix in the the reserved dried fruit that was set aside
- Mix together well 5 fresh eggs, 100 ml double cream and teaspoon of salt and a little pepper. Pour into pan. Cover and cook over low heat for approximately 25 minutes till firm but not dry
- Turn Tortilla out onto a plate.
- Put a little clarified butter in the pan. Slide tortilla back into pan and cook on the other side for approximately 10 minutes.
Per person: 27 g fat, 17 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 492 calories – recipe & photo from The Swiss Cookbook by Betty Bossi